Sunday, June 05, 2005

New Lesson about how God deals with us?

Sometimes I would rather that I am at zero state ... han being in an "onhold" state ... a suspended state.

Many things in life happen and you wonder why they do not have an answer. I am not talking about an immediate answer, but more like you've waited many years and you still do not know the answer, or you have no clue (and i really mean no clue) what to do about it.

You think you reach a dead-end, which relieves you laced with some disappointment, but then you find out that instead of a block, you have two roads to choose from!

The time you wait to decide which road to follow, is nerve-wrecking and very frustrating. Hesitantly, you take the road you think is best, wondering if really God is with you on that road.

I still remember this verse about this very part:


"(Jer 6:16) So says Jehovah, Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old
paths where the good way is, and walk in it, and you shall find rest for your
souls ... "


If this is the Lord's promise, then it is true. If it is true, then you have to wait by the road and ask. The waiting can be very long, so I advice to go and camp there :)


Would I rather not be in this situation? yes! However, without the situation ... there will be no blessings and no lessons learned ... even if you take the wrong route.


... I am in that situation now: 5 years and still waiting ...


Isa 40:30-31 Even the young shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall
utterly fall; (31) but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.


t. antimena +

3 Comments:

At 6/08/2005 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IMHO, waiting is not "waiting" :)
I mean, very generically, you can interpret most of your states as waiting for something. Think about it ... you can be waiting for specific dates, for events, for consequences, for actions results, for no-actions results, for somebody to do something, waiting for timeouts, for the unexpected, for "el farag"!! But not all of these would go under "waiting for The Lord".
So I guess one needs to see what is he waiting for ... what is he doing while waiting ...

 
At 6/15/2005 11:00 PM, Blogger antimena said...

True

I think it is very important to identify what are you waiting for.

IMHO, I think that waiting for the Lord, is about waiting to see the Lord, to gain more power, to experience His touch in many matters in our lives. It is not about waiting for an event, but rather it is about letting go of yourself, to see Him showing Himself in the event ... ,many times, after we have done everything in our human power, to seek an answer.

I would hate to think, that I cannot wait on the Lord for so many matters in my life. It does not have to be only waiting to see Him at the end of my life, or regarding only major decisions.

It can never be about waiting on the Lord once in your life. I think, waiting on the Lord is about seeing Him all the time

 
At 6/16/2005 7:32 PM, Blogger Fawzy said...

I don't know why u choose this topic antimena but for some reason I found it interesting, I looked for a definition for the word waiting and I got the following "remaining inactive in one place while expecting something" this definition is true, and that's why we hate waiting, u can't wait for a friend to pass by u for more than 10 minutes, That's why I totally disagree with the expression "Waiting the Lord" because it's sooo dormant, let's try to start from the beginning but from a different perspective, from an active one, let it be "Search the Lord", what do u think fellows??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home