Thursday, May 11, 2006

We can deliver your new mobile to your kitchen ... ma'am!

Listening to noonshadow's radio the other day (seems like i do a lot of driving .. naah!) i was shocked to hear this ad about Emirates Computers, offering free home sales visit to sell you their mobile phones i.e. you are sitting watching Desparate Housewives, you decide to call Emirates Computers to look at the two airheaded mobile phones you saw in the show, they will actually drive to you with both phones so you can check them out, and then decide whether you want to be the next housewive or not!

At one point, when PHARMACIES were offering free home delivery of their medicines, I was like "what is this world coming to?" ... now, I am like "... and you really expect the obesity rate to fall?"

Isn't it crazy? Everything can be home delivered - think about it. From gourmet food, to your mail, to your concert tickets, to changing your tyres and repairing your car dents, to mobile phones and medicines! Is it really because people do not have time, or is this creating the illusion that you should NOT have time to go shopping, instead you need to work, or just lazy out at home?

... if next they decide that first class and business class passengers, will be picked up from their homes, by the plane itself - i dont think i will be surprised :)

5 Comments:

At 5/13/2006 2:32 PM, Blogger Fawzy said...

the question is, do u think it's because people r getting toooo lazy or toooo busy ???

because this is what I feel, as much as people try to show they're sooo freakin busy I feel they're getting much more lazy :-S

 
At 5/17/2006 9:29 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Before I post my comment, I just have to say that I am typing this comment for the fourth time! The reason being that the IT Support Mgr told me he was doing me a favor by giving me the "administrator's password to the internet." And so naiive me didnt know that meant he could log into my laptop when I wasnt on my desk, close all my windows to do what he calls as "sofware updates, disk cleanup and other modifications." Now Im working really hard either to change that password or shoot him. :S

So this antimena proves how much your post hit home for me. The worst part about this sickening wireless world, is portable work and thank you Sameh because I had a strange feeling your comment was referring to me:P.

I just heard that commercial two days ago and I felt calling up that company and telling them how fake they are. It sounds so convenient when all its about is just flooding you with more and more products and the worse part is - accessing you at your OWN HOUSE. I wanted to kill the IT guy for accessing my laptop - I felt so violated and I feel exactly the same way when people doing telesales call me up - I just cannot forgive them for invading my privacy and time.

This wireless world is really taking over and I am really doing my best to draw the line but finding it impossible. Every evening, my manager tells me to work on something at home. Most of the time I don't unless its really urgent. Once I was sick, my team mate called me up and messaged me three times to ask me something and he was actually really offended I did not pick up. When I switched off my phone over a day off, my boss said I was "inaccessible."

For goodness sake, when my phone is out of coverage, it does not mean I want to subscribe to a service that tells me what calls I missed and when I am on another line, I would like the third party to hear the "busy" ringtone. I have a feeling that one day, we will be monitored in our bathrooms!

Today I was in this meeting with this guy who had two mobile phones and kept rejecting calls on both - it KILLED ME! Why are we being stupid enough to allow this invasion?


The next time I bump into somebody who lost his phone and laptop, Ill throw him a party for being brave enough not to replace them immediately.

 
At 5/18/2006 1:56 PM, Blogger Fawzy said...

Amy relax ya mama, mafeesh 7aga tesstahel te3meli fe nafssek keda,
from ur comment I can see how this AD really touched u :-D
I wonder if ur keyboard is still functional after u wrote that comment :-PPP

but really don’t know what this crazy life is driving us upto??

 
At 5/19/2006 4:49 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Fawzy and everybody else who is wondering - yes the keyboard is still alive and kicking - thank you for thinking about me :P

 
At 5/20/2006 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amira...ENOUGH...
now, mena's blog has become a venting VDing media for your office's entertaining stories...whatssup with you smashing the concept of "being pampered", leave marketeers alone, they are creative individuals...and u, go back to the stone age....amira, have a lovely time post reading my comment...:) you want us to ask about you kaman, u should ask us about our mental health after reading your post ya amy - ma3zza ya amira believe me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home