Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Day 6 - Vienna Timetable

5:00 am – wake up
5:15 am – wake Samuel up
5:30 am – start the car
5:50 am – we reach airport
5:55 am – cargo bag on belt for security clearance
6:05 am – still fighting with security guy to get a USB cable “security cleared” using a “special test”
6:10 am – finally checked in, muttering curses at German security, leaving my penknife and checking my USB cable for issues!
6:15 am – Still in line for onboard bags security clearance
6:20 am – in line to get my camera security cleared (and my binoculars but not my laptop!)
6:30 am – still muttering more curses on my way to board the plane
6:45 am – first flight towards Vienna on Air Berlin
7:10 am – first flight lands in Numberg after a quick sandwich and water
7:30 am – second flight takes off to Vienna. Bigger plane, more leg space in an economy class than any other airline I have ever been in!
9:45 am – Landed in Vienna with another sandwich (
10:15 am  - taxi takes me to Mercure Wien City in HollandStrasse for 30 Euros! Damn expensive country.
10:30am – inside my room, and getting ready to sleep
12:30 pm – I wake up and connect to the Internet to reach Sabine and let her know I am in Vienna
4:00 pm – I leave the hotel and start walking around the Stephansdom (the most amazing catherdral I have seen yet! And also the center of old Vienna)
6:00 pm – I am back in the hotel
6:30 pm - Sabine (ThinkPad Brand Manager for Central Europe) is waiting for me in the lobby. She looks a lot younger than I imagined her to be. However, she confirmed what Hashem said: Viennese are very TALL people (
7:00 pm – We are in Figmuller – the restaurant the serves the best Wiener Shnitzel (basically pork bouftek! :D).
8:30 pm – We go to a coffee/tea place. We have fruity tea :D Very nice.
9:30 pm – She drives me to the hotel (she parked her car in parking across IBM building, so we walk till there)
10:00 pm – I watch Legally Blonde 2 (felt like watching a movie … would like to start sightseeing tom!)
11:30 pm – ZzZzZzZzZzZzZz … dreaming of the crazy sightseeing tom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home