Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Friends Never Say Goodbye

I have to break the Eurotrip posts because I cannot wait to write this up. Many of my close friends are about to leave, or have plans to leave Dubai. One song will always come up, maybe to express what I want to say. Dubai is my home ... it really feels weird when I keep on seeing close friends coming and going. I learn from all ... but emotions? not handling too well.

I will really miss you all ... but friends NEVER say goodbye.



Friends Never Say Goodbye


Music by Elton John
Lyrics by Tim Rice
Available on the soundtrack "The Road To El Dorado"



There isn't much I haven't shared
With you along the road
And through it all there'd always be
Tomorrow's episode
Suddenly that isn't true
There's another avenue
Beckoning the great divide
Ask no questions, take no side
Who's to say who's right or wrong
Whose course is braver run
Still we are, have always been
Will ever be as one

What is done has been done for the best
Though the mist in my eyes might suggest
Just a little confusion about what I'll lose
But if I started over I know I would choose
The same joy the same sadness each step of the way
That fought me and tought me that friends never say
Never say goodbye
Never say goodbye
Never say goodbye
Never say goodbye

Suddenly that isn't true
There's another avenue
Beckoning, the great divide
I would choose
The same joy the same sadness each step of the way
That fought me and taught me that friends never say
Never say goodbye
Never say goodbye
Never say goodbye
Never say goodbye

4 Comments:

At 11/18/2005 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mena, this is Pooya from AUD. Remember?

I just saw your blog and read this post and remembered all the days back at AUD. Dr. Sebaaly's, Al Doori's and all other IT classes. Such good times man. I miss those days so much.

Remember how we used to all hang out in front of the Cafeteria and the people were so friendly and close?

Damn. Good times. I'm in Canada now and still not done with school. hehe. Winter is my last term and then, I don't know, maybe I'll have to say goodbye to my friends here just I like i I did 3 years ago back in Dubai.

I hate to burst your bubble, but most friends do say goodbye. I've lost contact with 95% of the people I once knew and it's very very sad. On the other hand life moves on and I made new friends which I love as much, but to lose the old ones is still painful.

But there are always those 2 or 3 very very close friends that stay for you no matter where you are and that still lights up a candle of hope I guess.

Or maybe it's just me, and you manage to stay much closer to all the people who once you considered very close friends. I admit that I did screw up at times.

I guess I made this too long. Good luck man and enjoy the warm whether of Dubai as I was freezing today in the -5 degrees weather of Waterloo.

Peace.

 
At 11/20/2005 12:54 PM, Blogger antimena said...

Pooya! How can i forget you man :) The good times of the first couple of years in IT was something I won't forget ... remember when me and Soheil came over to ure place to finish up the crazy assignment Sebaaly gave us? :)

I understand your valid point about losing contacts with the people we once knew, but my experience with my childhood and highschool friends tell me something extra: Even if I don't stay in touch, but when we meet again, it is like high school once again! We sit and talk like we did not leave each other.

People physically leave ... but the people who matter will always stay in one's heart, regardless of what you do ...

so I still sing Elton's song: Friend's never say goodbye!

Miss u buddy

 
At 11/21/2005 12:38 PM, Blogger Fawzy said...

very true antimena, I agree with u,

but u know what, sometimes when someone leave, this makes us appreciate our friendship more and we feel about what we miss then we make much more effort to maintain the communications and sometimes it gives a good push so we can be more friends than before,

for example I beleive that my leave to lebanon is what made u my good friend and I think if I didn't leave for that period it wouldn't be that way...

any way, let's just sing the song...

 
At 12/12/2005 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's sing the song then...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home