Friday, March 03, 2006

Poems from the attic ... pt 1

I have decided to dust off my old poems, and give them a chance to see the light again. With each poem, I revisted important and crucial points in my life ... points that shaped me as ... me, i guess :) I will share them with you ...

When I wrote these poems, they were never meant to be shared ... so don't be too critical :D Many hold very personal memories, therefore make much more sense to me than to others ... others are just words i put together to describe the way I felt. When did I write them? Age range 16 - 20, mostly the younger side of it, so do not mind the bad english :) Barely edited ... here is the first one:

David & modern Goliath

Freedom
Free them
Yes, those kids
Those kids in rags
with blood on their hands
Clutching the stone
Heavier than they are
They are so graceful

Yes their eyes
Carry childish fear
Fear of the dark
Yet, it sparks
With the need
With the desire
To have a land
Of their own
The land of the free

They took their land
The land they now defend
Till the very end
The land
That belongs to the people

Their ancestors looking down on them
Raising their hands
In praise
In protest
They took a shot
They were hunted down
Now it is the kids

Who is going to use the stone?
The bloody stone …

David and Goliath
Same story
Opposite sides
Same stone
Same sling
The big, the mighty
The child, the shepherd
The sharp sword with the golden grip
Now an AK-40 with an accurate cross hair
The sling
Still the same sling
The stone
The same stones
The victory
Is still at war
The loss of lives
The gain of faith

The end of the pain
Is in no ones hands
As I stand here
Alone
No stone
No side taken
No purpose
Just a screen
Displaying the kids
The same kids
With the same stone
And people in green
With guns
Big ones
Aiming at the little head
The scream
The terror
The shot
I switch the channel

Mena "the stone" Migally

Date: 11/6/2000

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home