Monday, March 06, 2006

Poems from the attic ... pt 2

Another one from an era I chose to forget :) Don't mind the black mood ...


See the light

Help me find it
I lost my eyes along the way
all I see now is darkness
because I was scared
to see the light when it was still there

Now my tongue is not there
the sweet voice that helped all
cannot help myself anymore
what I say now
is false and dark
because I was scared
to say the truth while I still can

I cannot walk anymore
my legs torn off
by the evil forces of this world
where I used to walk, I cannot go now
My crutches made of special deceit
because I was scared
to walk into the right place at the right time

My heart still beats
my brain is long dead
the battle between the forces
causing the pain inside
one day when a force wins
I will know whether I shall see again
whether I shall sing and talk again
whether I shall walk and dance again
whether I shall love not hate again
and that is because I was wise
to keep my faith in life
my faith in love
my faith in a world and its people
steady through the many bumps of my life

Mena "troubadour" Migally (10/Apr/2001)

1 Comments:

At 3/06/2006 11:57 PM, Blogger Fawzy said...

keep on posting antimena :-) I'm really enjoying ur posts :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home