Sunday, August 20, 2006

How high do you need to be … to be connected?

Damn! I know I have not updated my blog for a quite a long time … but the reasons can wait!

This is to document that, for the first time in my life, I am connected on an airplane (Lufthansa LH470 from Frankfurt to Toronto – 747-400) – making this is the “highest” point I could be connected from (I am waiting for that blue status screen on the plane to tell me just how high I really am!) … and making this blog entry my first entry from a flying plane!

However, do not be fooled by my utter enthusiasm … I am just thinking: What would my kids think , lets say 20 years down the line [broken down into ten years to find a chik, convince her to get married then 10 years to have a 1 year old kid who will be able to hack into my wirelessly controlled BMW] …

“ooooh … my dad is a dork! He was going nuts over internet in airplanes! How could they have lived without an internet-enabled teleporter???”

so yeah … the bottom line: What next? Today’s exciting news, is yesterday’s bla history. Point behind this? I am starting appreciate all the little inventions that we took for granted … maybe when those nutsy brothers saw their first airplane fly – they went ballistic with joy too … the same plane that I am sitting in right now, with slight annoyance at the speed we are going at … too slow!

My trip details will follow in the next entry – lets just dedicate this one to those who make the world a more interesting place … and a harder place to live in (now my boss will want me to work from the plane … ugh!)!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home