Saturday, March 11, 2006

Poems from the attic ... pt 3

A more refreshing one ... from the 2001 era!


addicted to a smile

My body asked for mercy
My heart asked for confirmation
It is bloody red by now

I listened to her voice
as she spoke to me with grace
I tried comparing it to the sweetest song
she was still ahead
her eyes glazed under the midday sun
sitting there engulfed by lightning
I couldnt talk
my vocal chords were on hold
my heart raced
to the pace of lightning
clothed in blue and black
her smile was a reminder
that she was the best thing
that i have ever seen
and i asked myself
who will help me out

the answer was
she already did

staying up all night
to let her words remove
the soot from around my soul
to let her shake the muscles on my face
that i really wanted to use
to let her be the last thing i see at night
in my dreams i can see
her standing smiling at me
my hands go around her
we are already in the midst of a crowd
someone was playing a mellow Fade to black
all i was thinking of
"how life turned to be as sweet as her smile"

My brother woke me up
questioning the smile on my face

Mena "not my best ... but my favourite" Migally
Date: 14/October/2001

1 Comments:

At 3/12/2006 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

again my friend again to poems
u dusted off them again to see the lights :D
but it is kind of what we call it in egypt (AL ATLAAAAL ) beta3et ( hal ra2ah el 7obo sokara ) have u heard it b4? :D
keep going my friend we need to learn :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home