Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Poems from the attic ... pt 4

I was not too comfortable sharing this poem. A poem reflecting the state of weakness I am in without my Lord ... but what i always loved about it, is that my struggles never end empty ... they always end with a promise: The rain must fall!

the rain must fall

how we live to see the rain
building up in clouds
things that are dark
things ... once green
with boulders and flowers lying on them
I walk around trying to capture the gloom
to cast it away
the spell never found
no more
never let it surround me
but it is in my soul now
ive inhaled the darkness ...


...and i fall on my knees
skin scorched by the touch of once soft grass
holding the sand that covers the earth
letting the wind carry it away
along with the song of agony
that my being let out
one cry
the flashback is back

violins crashing
drums booming
as i stand in the midst of emptiness
the emptiness of my heart
crumbling slowly in a corner
waiting to be held
but the silence engulfs me slowly
my breath marking the tick of time
blood running fast making me cold...


...and i go back
i watch the clouds again
but standing up high
wondering what these clouds mean now
but not wanting to hurt the flowers on the way
i walk on my tip toes
my eyes up to the one who controls what is in the clouds
for i just want the rain to come
let the flowers live
the grass carpeting the scene
the animals running
and the smile on my face
confidence in the Lord of Lords
peace from the Prince of Peace
i am a son ... i am a son
the words on my mind now
while i wait for the rain

He promised me

Father never betrays His son
never allows him to step on the flowers, mind you
but to use the boulders to touch the clouds
Father loves the son

He promised me ... the rain

the rain will fall

the rain must fall

when this desert is ready to become Eden

Mena "locked" Migally
20/November/02

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home